Wednesday 16 March 2011

my setup and useful books

Thought I'd update with new pics of my setup;


I have 3 lamps, some with homemade diffusers made from baking paper. There is also a reflector made from tinfoil, but the camera is obscuring it from view.

I've been using some books to help me perfect my animation. One called The Animators Survival Guide by Richard Williams was very useful to help me get my walking motion better. Below is a page from the book which demonstrates ways of animating a walking motion.


My new problem is to do with the green screen. My paint brush is blue and thin, and therefore doesn't look any good once I've got rid of the green. I also have a shot where I use a focus pull, which is throwing up issues as well. I have another book which gives a fairly detailed account of how to use the Keylight plugin in after effects, which is being a massive help.


Once I've sorted these issues I'll have close to 30 seconds of footage though, so on track for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment