Tuesday 22 February 2011

Test 3; Motion tracking & particles



This test involved me creating another little bit of stop motion, and learning how to motion track. It took some time because I was tracking the tip of the brush which disappears behind his head at some points, so I had to manually move the tracking points until the whole track followed the right path. It still could do with some adjustments, however when creating these shots I will now be more aware of what I need, and can shoot with motion tracking in mind so that the brush doesn't go out of shot again.

Additionally, I created a basic particle effect and parented it to the motion track, so that it looks like it's following the brush. I really like this, however it doesn't look much like paint. Therefore I have decided that in addition to particles such as these, I will create brush strokes on canvas in photoshop, and reveal them with the stroke tool so it looks like it has actually been painted onto the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment